Lamon Records Nashville and the Gideon Media Arts Conference and Film Festival present the
2012 Music Artist Talent Search & Songwriter Competition
Winners of the 2012 Music Artist Talent Search
Hayley Whitley – winner
Daniel Martin - 1st runner-up
Jessica Hutchens - 2nd runner-up
Rashod Holmes - 2nd runner-up
Jessica Hutchens – Beauty for Ashes – winner
Hannah Scholl – Help Save A Heart – 1st runner-up
Jennifer Gammill – Wings of Hope – 2nd runner-up
Jason Roberge – Why Why Why - 2nd runner-up
SONGWRITER GRAND PRIZE Publishing contract with one of Lamon Records’ BMI, ASCAP or SESAC affiliated publishing companies. Winning composition to be recorded by the winner of the Artist Grand Prize. *
Official Rules and Guidelines
1. Entries must be made on the official entry form online (here) or by mail (here) along with payment of either $35 Early Fee before March 10, 2012, $50 Regular Fee before May 10, 2012 or $75 Late Fee before July 10, 2012. No Refunds Allowed. Entries in the Artist category will be evaluated by a panel of industry professionals for vocal ability, blend, and overall quality of the performance that is heard on the song submitted. Songwriters will have their compositions evaluated for lyrics, melody, hook and other components of the song submitted. Ten Artist and Songwriter finalists will be chosen from all entries. Finalists who will compete for the Grand Prize in each Category will be posted July 16, 2012 on the Gideon’s official website and at www.lamonrecords.com
Minimum Age: You must be 14 years old to participate. Parental consent required for minors under 18 years old.
2. Ten Finalists in the Artist Category will perform in front of a live audience on Sunday, August 12, 2012 at the Gideon Media Arts Conference and Film Festival in Ridgecrest, NC. A panel of industry professionals will judge the live performances of each of the ten finalists and ONE winner will be selected to receive the Grand Prize. Finalists in the Songwriter Category will have their songs presented to a panel of industry professionals and judged on Monday, August 13, 2012 during the conference. ONE winner from each category will be announced at the banquet on Tuesday, August 14, 2011.
3. All federal, state and local taxes, if applicable are the responsibility of the winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations will apply.
4. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
5. Artists that are currently obligated to a record label are not eligible to compete. Songwriters signed with a Publisher are not eligible to compete.
6. Winners will release Sponsors from any liability claims for product, failure of performance and/or inability to use a prize.
7. Finalists in the Artist Category will need to be able to compete in Ridgecrest, NC on August 12, 2012. Artist hereby grants permission for the Sponsors to film and broadcast their live performance. All travel, room and board, and the costs of conference registration (one day minimum) are the sole responsibility of the Finalist. Songwriters and Artists are encouraged to attend the full conference, but particularly the banquet on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 for the award ceremony. The judges may select less than 10 finalists in each category depending on quality and number of submissions, but one winner will be selected in each category. (See www.gideonfilmfestival.com for more information on the program, workshops, networking opportunities and more offered to attendees of the full conference.)
8. GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: Artist Winner will be offered a recording contract with Lamon Records that includes a 4-song EP produced in Nashville by Dave Moody. Recording must be completed within 4 months of winning the competition. Songwriter Winner will be offered a publishing contract with one of Lamon Records’ BMI, ASCAP or SECAC affiliated publishing companies. The winning song will be recorded by the winner of the Artist Grand Prize *or another Lamon Records release, as appropriate, to be determined by Lamon Records.
9. No substitutions or transfer of prizes are permitted.
10. Acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission of all sponsors and any agents the ability to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for use in advertising.
11. No other purchase is necessary. Simply follow the instructions on this entry form to win the prize offered here. Every entrant will be eligible for the prize. Void where prohibited by law.